Feedback is an important part of learning and growth, so we want to ensure you can feel safe when asking for feedback, whenever you need from whoever you like, without worrying about consequences related to performance evaluations.
Feedback Main Page
The feedback main page is where you can see all the feedback requests you've sent and feedback requested from others.
You can use filters to organize your view to see the Feedback you are most interested in seeing.
- Filter by:
- For me: view responses to Feedback requests sent by you to your team members
- these responses are indicated in the table with a blue arrow:
- From me: view your responses to Feedback requests sent to you by your team members
- these responses are indicated in the table with an orange arrow:
- Shared by my reports (managers only): view responses to Feedback requests that a direct report has shared with you
You can also change the context of the page to see the Feedback page from another user's perspective. What Feedback you can see here will depend on your role in the company relative to that user and the permission settings for their Feedback requests.
If you're a manager in 7Geese, you will have an additional tab in the Feedback center called "My Reports" that will allow you to view a few tables of the Feedback that's been shared with you by your direct reports.
- People table: view all your reports' feedback for the quarter
- Requests: the number of feedback requests sent by your report
- Responses: the number of feedback requests sent to your report that they have responded to
- Last request created: details for the last request created by your report (name of survey and # of responses received)
- All recent feedback table
- Status: whether the Feedback request is still accepting responses from participants
- Feedback for: who requested the Feedback
- Feedback from: who the participants are in the Feedback request
- Created: when the Feedback request was created
- Last response: when the Feedback request last received a response
Creating a New Feedback Request
To create a new Feedback request click on "New feedback request".
- Start from scratch or choose from pre-made templates:
- My templates: templates you have created
- Global templates: templates available to the entire organization
- Start without a template: customize all aspects of the Feedback request to how you would like it
- Note: When using an existing template, you can still edit the settings and topics before sending it out.
- Feedback title: Enter in a name for your Feedback request
- Description: once you enter in a title for your request an option will pop up for you to enter in a description. Use the description box to add details or instructions to help guide the responses.
- Add participants: You can choose smart groups, which will pre populate users, to save time. If there are users in the group you don't want to send the request to, you can remove them. You can choose from:
- My reports: if you're a manager, anyone who reports directly to you
- My 360 Group: your manager, team mates, and direct reports
- Departments: everyone in the specified department
- Everyone: everyone in the entire organization
- For additional settings, click on the gear icon underneath the Add participants field:
- Responder names: check off this box so that responses to the feedback remain anonymous. You will not be able to see names associated with any of the answers.
- Who can review responses?
- All participants: check this off so that anyone who has been sent the feedback request will be able to see all responses that come in.
- My management tree: check this off so that your manager and anyone else up the reporting tree will be able to see all the responses. Hover to see details on who is in your reporting tree. Note: checking this off will also enable admins to be able to view the feedback responses as well.
- Responses due by: add a deadline to your request so that participants know when you expect a response. Check off "Stop accepting responses when deadline passes" to close off the feedback request from additional responses.
- Text answer
- Multiple choice
- Number scale
- Rating scales
- Choose from the following rating scales:
- Disagree - agree
- Low - high
- Rarely - frequently
- Not important - important
- Poor - good
- Unlikely - likely
- Missed - exceeded
- Choose from the following rating scales:
5. To add a new blank topic, click on one of the response types in the menu below the last topic.
6. You can also add Section headers to better organize your feedback request.
7. Once you have all the settings and topics ready, you can then send out the Feedback request! Participants will receive an email and an in-app notification to let them know about the request.
Creating a Feedback Template
Creating a feedback template will have the same options as creating a feedback request as outlined above. There are a few different options however.
- Default participants: choose from a set of pre-defined participants that will automatically be populated when the template is used to create a feedback request. These participants are in relation to the team member that creates the request. You can choose from the following:
- Employee (the one creating the request)
- Employee's manager
- Employee's peers (those who report to the same manager)
- Employee's reports
- Employee's 360 group
- Employee's departments
- Additional settings: these are not available when creating a template. Additional settings include: anonymous responses, restricting who can view responses, adding a deadline.
When you create a feedback template, it will automatically be in draft mode so that you can make changes without having to worry about making the template available to other team members. Your work will be autosaved. If you navigate away from the template builder, you will still be able to come back to your draft template. Select your template in this screen to continue editing it:
When you are finished creating your template and are ready for it to be used, click "Save template" at the bottom of the screen:
Admins are able to create global templates for use by anyone in the organization. If you are creating a global template make sure to check off this setting:
Responding to a Feedback Request
When you see a feedback request, these are the details you can see about it:
- Who has responded
- Who can see responses to the feedback request, including yours. You will be notified whether or not your response is anonymous:
When responding to the questions, your answers will be autosaved so you can leave the page and come back to it without losing your data. You can also edit your responses after you've sent in your response, just in case you forgot an important detail. The creator will get a notification informing them about your changes. If responses are available for everyone to view, you can see a summary of all the responses as well as each individual's answers.
As the creator of the feedback request, you'll be able to see all of the above and you will also have some additional options:
- View/add responders: see who has been added as a responder to the feedback. You can also add any additional responders whom you've missed.
- Send a reminder: send a reminder to participants. You can choose all participants or a specific set of people.
- Delete: delete your feedback request
- Export as CSV: export the responses that you've received so far into a CSV file.
- Print: print a summary of your responses
As the creator, you will also be able to view a summary of all the responses and view each individual’s answers regardless of the permission and privacy settings you've placed on the request.