Feedback is an important part of learning and growth, so we want to ensure you can feel safe when asking for feedback, whenever you need from whoever you like, without worrying about consequences related to performance evaluations.
Feedback home page
The feedback main page is where you can see all the feedback requests you've sent and feedback requested from others.
You can use filters to organize your view to see the Feedback you are most interested in seeing.
- Filter by:
- For me: view responses to Feedback requests sent by you to your team members
- these responses are indicated in the table with a blue arrow:
- From me: view your responses to Feedback requests sent to you by your team members
- these responses are indicated in the table with an orange arrow:
- Shared by my reports (managers only): view responses to Feedback requests that a direct report has shared with you
You can also change the context of the page to see the Feedback page from another user's perspective. What Feedback you can see here will depend on your role in the company relative to that user and the permission settings for their Feedback requests.
If you're a manager in 7Geese, you will have an additional tab in the Feedback center called "My Reports" that will allow you to view a few tables of the Feedback that's been shared with you by your direct reports.
- People table: view all your reports' feedback for the quarter
- Requests: the number of feedback requests sent by your report
- Responses: the number of feedback requests sent to your report that they have responded to
- Last request created: details for the last request created by your report (name of survey and # of responses received)
- All recent feedback table
- Status: whether the Feedback request is still accepting responses from participants
- ‘Accepting responses until [X date]' will show if the feedback request is accepting responses
- 'Not accepting responses' will show if the feedback request has a strict deadline which passed
- ‘Deadline was [X date] but still accepting responses’ will show if the feedback request has a deadline which has passed but is still accepting responses.
- Feedback for: who requested the Feedback
- Feedback from: who the participants are in the Feedback request
- Status: whether the Feedback request is still accepting responses from participants
- Created: when the Feedback request was created
- Last response: when the Feedback request last received a response
How managers and admins can navigate to find the 360 for an employee
There are a few different ways to find the feedback you are looking for.
Option 1: Click on ‘My Reports’ (or go to https://app.7geese.com/feedback/me/reports)
The Name of the feedback is a clickable hyperlink - click on it to view that Feedback.
Option 2: Keep scrolling towards the bottom of the page to find ‘All recent Feedback’ (for your reports). Click on the name of the Feedback you want to view.
Option 3: In the ‘Feedback for __me__’ dropdown menu, search for the name of the direct report you want to find a 360 Feedback for.
Request feedback for me
To create a new Feedback request for yourself click on New feedback and then Request feedback for me.
- Start from scratch or choose from pre-made templates:
- My templates: templates you have created
- Global templates: templates available to the entire organization
- Start without a template: customize all aspects of the Feedback request to how you would like it
- Note: When using an existing template, you can still edit the settings and topics before sending it out.
- Feedback title: Enter in a name for your Feedback request
- Description: once you enter in a title for your request an option will pop up for you to enter in a description. Use the description box to add details or instructions to help guide the responses.
- Add participants: You can choose smart groups, which will pre populate users, to save time. If there are users in the group you don't want to send the request to, you can remove them. You can choose from:
- My reports: if you're a manager, anyone who reports directly to you
- My 360 Group: your manager, team mates, and direct reports
- Departments: everyone in the specified department
- Everyone: everyone in the entire organization
- For additional settings, click on the gear icon underneath the Add participants field:
- Responder names: check off this box so that responses to the feedback remain anonymous. You will not be able to see names associated with any of the given answers.
- Who can review responses?
- All participants: check this off so that anyone who has been sent the feedback request will be able to see all responses that come in.
- My management tree: check this off so that your manager and anyone else up the reporting tree will be able to see all the responses. Hover your mouse over the text to see details of who is in your reporting tree. Note: checking this off will also enable admins to be able to view the feedback responses.
- Responses due by: add a deadline to your request so that participants know when you expect a response. Check off "Stop accepting responses when deadline passes" to close off the feedback request from additional responses.
- Text answer
- Multiple choice
- Number scale
- Rating scales
- Choose from the following rating scales:
- Disagree - agree
- Low - high
- Rarely - frequently
- Not important - important
- Poor - good
- Unlikely - likely
- Missed - exceeded
- Choose from the following rating scales:
5. To add a new blank topic, click on one of the response types in the menu below the last topic.
6. You can also add Section headers to better organize your feedback request.
7. Once you have all the settings and topics ready, you can then send out the Feedback request! Participants will receive an email and an in-app notification to let them know about the request.
Creating a feedback template
Creating a feedback template will have the same options as creating a feedback request as outlined above. There are a few different options however.
- Default participants: choose from a set of pre-defined participants that will automatically be populated when the template is used to create a feedback request. These participants are in relation to the team member that creates the request. You can choose from the following:
- Employee (the one creating the request)
- Employee's manager
- Employee's peers (those who report to the same manager)
- Employee's reports
- Employee's 360 group
- Employee's departments
- Additional settings: these are not available when creating a template. Additional settings include: anonymous responses, restricting who can view responses, adding a deadline.
When you create a feedback template, it will automatically be in draft mode so that you can make changes without having to worry about making the template available to other team members. Your work will be autosaved. If you navigate away from the template builder, you will still be able to come back to your draft template. Select your template in this screen to continue editing it:
When you are finished creating your template and are ready for it to be used, click Save template at the bottom of the screen:
Admins are able to create global templates for use by anyone in the organization. If you are creating a global template make sure to check off this setting:
Responding to a feedback request
When you see a feedback request, these are the details you can see about it:
- Who has responded
- Who can see responses to the feedback request, including yours. You will be notified whether or not your response is anonymous:
When responding to the questions, your answers will be autosaved so you can leave the page and come back to it without losing your data. You can also edit your responses after you've sent in your response, just in case you forgot an important detail. The creator will get a notification informing them about your changes. If responses are available for everyone to view, you can see a summary of all the responses as well as each individual's answers.
Additional options for feedback requests
As the creator of the feedback request, you'll be able to see all of the above and you will also have some additional options:
- View/add responders: see who has been added as a responder to the feedback. You can also add any additional responders whom you've missed.
- Send a reminder: send a reminder to participants. You can choose all participants or a specific set of people.
- Delete: delete your feedback request
- Export as CSV: export the responses that you've received so far into a CSV file.
- Print: print a summary of your responses
As the creator, you will also be able to view a summary of all the responses and view each individual’s answers regardless of the permission and privacy settings you've placed on the request.
Request feedback for others (360 feedback)
A 360-style feedback workflow, which provides a simple process for collecting, curating, and sharing peer feedback. This workflow can be started by admins on behalf of managers, or by managers directly if they want to run a 360-feedback survey for their direct reports.
Survey creators - admins or managers
Admins can launch 360 feedback surveys on behalf of managers for their direct reports. Or managers can launch 360 feedback surveys directly for their direct reports.
If an admin launches a 360 feedback survey and wants to ensures that managers can view the shared report as well, they must ensure they select 'Direct managers' as having visibility rights (i.e. direct managers of feedback recipients will be able to see shared reports) However, the survey can only be curated and shared by the person who created the survey. If admins would rather managers curate the report and share it, managers should be ones creating the 'Request feedback for others' surveys.
Creating a 360-style feedback template
In order to get the most out of your 360 feedback, we recommend creating a specific template for this process. If you have already created a 360 feedback template in 7Geese, you can get right to setting up the 360 feedback. If not, we recommend keeping the following in mind:
- Leave out any names in survey questions
- Include at least one text response question type
Setting up a 360 feedback
On the Feedback Homepage:
- Click New feedback > Request feedback for others
You will be taken to the feedback builder
- Give the 360 feedback a name
- Add a recipient. For each recipient you can choose who will be providing feedback to the recipient.
- Select a response deadline. This is optional if you want a hard date to accept feedback from the responders
- Select a template. All templates from the Feedback template library will be preloaded. Pick the appropriate template from the list.
Note: Selecting a template may pre-select the response visibility and anonymity options. Some templates have these settings locked, and some templates have these settings changeable.
- Select the response visibility settings (if not locked by the template)
- All responders - responders can see all responses from the survey
- Direct manager - the feedback survey creator's direct manager and the direct manager of all survey recipients can see all responses from the survey
- Management tree - the feedback survey creator's management tree and the management trees of all survey recipients can see all responses from the survey
- Admins - the feedback survey creator's admins with content access, and the admins of all survey recipients with content access can see all responses from the survey.
- Select the response anonymity settings (if not locked by the template)
- Identified - responders will have their identities displayed
- Anonymized - responders will have their identities hidden
- Identified to recipients - identities of responses included in the shared report by managers will be displayed
- Anonymized to recipients - identities of responses included in the shared report by managers will be hidden
- Click Send
Note: While setting up, the information you enter is automatically saved in case the page is accidentally closed or you accidentally go to another section of the 7Geese app.
Finding your draft 360 feedback
If you decide not to send the 360 feedback survey immediately, or have accidentally gone to another section of the 7Geese app, you can easily find your drafts on the Feedback Homepage.
Simply click on the draft you’d like to continue editing, and it will take you back to the feedback builder.
Deleting your draft 360 feedback
If you would like to delete your draft
- Click the Actions drop down in the top right of the page
- Click Delete Batch
- Click Ok in the confirmation window
Responding to a 360-style feedback
Just like responding to a general feedback survey, responders will answer 360-style surveys the same way.
Building a shared from a 360-style feedback survey
When responders begin to answer the 360 feedback surveys, you will be able to begin curating the responses and drafting up a report.
Reminder: This report will be shared to the recipient, or the individuals you have asked others to provide feedback on behalf of.
Click Start building now.
In the report builder, you have the ability to:
- Write an introduction
- Decide whether or not to include an entire question (or topic)
- Decide whether or not to include the responses in each question (or topic)
- Add your own notes to each question (or topic), as well as add an introduction and conclusion to the report
Note: If you uncheck “Include topic in report,” the entire topic (and any responses) won’t appear in the final report. If you uncheck the question itself on the top left of each box that says “Select responses to include” you can include or exclude all the feedback responses in the final report.
Even if you exclude all the feedback from others in the final report, the topic will still be included in the final report, along with anything you’ve written in the Notes box. In this way, you can use the Notes box to paraphrase the feedback that others have submitted, if you want to summarize all the feedback using your own language.
When you are building out the report, you can click Save and continue later to keep the report as a draft.
You can get back into building the report by clicking on Edit draft.
When you are ready to share your report, click Share my report. Do not click ‘Share Your Report’ until you are ready for the recipient employee to see the results of their 360.
Viewing a shared report
After sharing a 360 report, you will automatically be taken to the report viewer. You are able to edit the shared report should you wish to do so. The recipient will be notified that there is a report available to view, and that view will be identical to your report.
What eNPS measures
How eNPS is calculated
eNPS uses a 0-10 scale, and people are categorized according to how they score.
- 9-10 are promoters. These are the people who will enthusiastically recommend your
business to others.
- 7-8 are passives. These people are neither negative nor loyal.
- 0-6 are detractors. These people would not recommend your business to others and
may encourage people to avoid your business.
When to conduct eNPS surveys
How to create an eNPS survey in 7Geese
1. Create a feedback question template with an eNPS question type
2. As an Admin, create a survey using 'Feedback for me' and select the template that has the eNPS question type included. The eNPS question is a number scale question from 0-10. This cannot be customized. Ensure the question title added is along the lines of "How likely are you to recommend this company as a place to work to a friend?" You can change the question as you see fit.
3. Launch the survey to all relevant responders (e.g. company-wide)
4. When responses come in, you will be able to see a Summary View of the eNPS question, which auto-calculates the eNPS score for you.
5. Summarize results to your employees and show them your action plan to improve your eNPS score based on the feedback you have received from employees.
6. Send the survey at least quarterly, and compare results. Analyze whether your eNPS score is trending up or down.
I started to create a 360 Feedback survey but I can’t find it in my drafts
If you start a 360-style feedback survey and don’t do anything, a draft will not save. You have to take at least one action on the page in order for a draft to save. We recommend always starting with giving your survey a title.
Can I edit a report that’s already been shared?
Yes, you can absolutely edit a shared report. Just go back into the feedback, you’ll see a button called Edit shared report. Clicking it will take you back into the report builder. From there just share it again.
What visibility rights do I have as an Admin
- Admin that didn't send the 360 out, admin has content access, admin was also a responder. This admin can see raw results but can't see the curated report until that is shared.
- Admin that didn't send the 360 out, admin has content access, admin was not a responder. This admin can see raw results but can't see the curated report until that is shared.