To make assigning role definitions to employees easier, 7Geese allows you to create role templates for some or all of the roles in your company. Once a role template is created, it can be applied to any number of people very easily.
To create role templates, go to “Org settings”, then select the “Role templates” tab.
From here, you can create a new role template by clicking the “New role template” button
The role template creation UI, allows you to specify:
- Role name
- Generally a job title, representing an entire role
- Can also be a portion of a role. Eg. a role template could be created for all managers, or managers at a certain management level, to track the responsibilities a manager has for supporting their direct reports, which is often the same across many teams and departments.
- Role description - this can be used to describe the core purpose of the role, or other relevant information to those interested in understanding the role better.
Tip: A role can be defined very simply with a single responsibility, or it can be very complex with many distinct responsibilities. The more defined a role is, the more guidance it will provide the employees in that role, and will generally result in better conversations between the employee and their manager. Consider creating responsibilities for each area of a role that would be logical and helpful to assess employees in that role on.
- Responsibility # - A title of a cluster of activities or behaviours that an employee would have.
- Eg. “Defining strategy and prioritizing projects”
- Responsibility description - A description of how a person would be successful with this responsibility. Can also be a list of behaviours or activities that are expected. Ideally, it would also include success measures for the .