Below is an outline of a generic performance review workflow and the stages it
incorporates, in 7Geese.
Note: this may change depending on how a Review is set up at your company!
- Employee Reflection: your opportunity to comment and input on your accomplishments over the period of time your review is for
- Manager Input: your manager's opportunity to add context about the your efforts and outcomes you have achieved
- Skip-level Approval: managers up the management tree have the opportunity to review and ensure equity across all Reviews
- Admin Approval: a final stage of approval to ensure the technical part of the Review process is working correctly
- 1-on-1 Discussion: an opportunity to debrief in person with your manager and make action plans
- Finalized: Once the 1-on-1 associated with the review is marked as complete, the entire review will be considered finalized.
Step 1: View my review
Go to 7Geese and log-in! Right on the homepage (https://app.7geese.com/), you will receive a prompt that 1 Review has been assigned to you. You also may have received an email notification with the same information.
Click 'View my review' to get started!
Step 2: Complete your Employee Input
All your Objectives, Recognitions, Feedback Requests, and 1-on-1s will be pulled into the Review, if that is how the Admin has set up your Review at your company.
As an employee, you get to select which Feedback Requests and 1-on-1s to include in your Review.
Answer the questions you see throughout the Review - some will be open text, others multiple choice, rating or ranking. If a question is required, you will not be able to submit your review without completing it.
Objectives you are an Owner or Stakeholder of will be pulled in to the Review as follows:
- Have a start date and due date that are contained within the review period
- Have no due date and are still open
- Have a start date somewhere in the review period and are closed
If you'd like to review the KRs associated with any of these, click on the down arrow.
All your Recognitions, including given and received, will appear like this:
As you go through your submission, you will get to select which Feedback requests to include:
A yellow '!' may indicate that some reviews won't have the access to see that content.
You will also get to select with 1-on-1s to pull through into your Review:
Step 3: Save and Submit
Save a draft of your review responses as you go and click 'Submit my responses' when you’re ready for your Review to move to the Manager submission step:
You are now done until your manager schedules the 1-on-1 with you to discuss your review.
Once the review has reached the manager input stage, managers can work on their portion of your review. This includes saving their answers as drafts, requesting changes from you and finally submitting their responses.
An optional step for admins to include as part of the Review launch. If included in the Review process, managers up the management tree then have the opportunity to review and ensure equity across all Reviews.
An optional step for admins to include as part of the Review launch. If included in the Review process, there will be a final stage of approval to ensure the technical part of the Review process is working correctly.
Admins are able to send the review back to either the manager or employee input stage and add comments as to what changes they want the manager or employee to make.
At the 1-on-1 Discussion stage, Managers will schedule a 1-on-1 with you. Depending on how the Admin has set up the Review for your company, your manager may have the choice to share the Review ahead of the 1-on-1 or keep it private until after the 1-on-1 meeting.
A 1-on-1 template is all set, ready to guide you through a debrief and closing conversation. A copy of the Review is attached in the bottom left-hand corner as a reference.
Once the 1-on-1 associated with the review is marked as complete, the entire review will be considered finalized.
Note: if there is no 1-on-1 stage in your Review, the review will automatically be shared with the employee after the last applicable stage (e.g. admin approval or skip-level approval)
You can access your own review at any time by going to Reviews > My Reviews (https://app.7geese.com/reviews) and clicking on the name of the Review.