Survey creators, survey responders and anyone with visibility to a survey (e.g. the management tree or admins with visibility) can comment on feedback responses.
Comments can occur on anonymous and non-anonymous feedback surveys. Surveys can be made anonymous or non-anonymous during survey launch for 'Feedback for me' and for 'Feedback for others.'
Commenting on Non-Anonymous Feedback
- Feedback creator sends a feedback request
- Responder submits their responses
- Feedback creator makes a comment on a response - responder receives an email alerting them about a new comment
- Responder replies to the previous comment - feedback creator receives an email alerting them about the new comment
When someone with visibility rights comments on a response, all previous commenters receive an email.
Commenting on Anonymous Feedback
If the feedback responder visibility is set to anonymous, anyone given visibility access can comment on responses. For example the management tree, managers or admins with visibility rights can comment on anyone’s responses non-anonymously (i.e. their profile picture and name will be visible)
The following logic is applied to Feedback for Me and Feedback for Coworkers:
- Feedback Participant commenting on their own response: comments will always appear as anonymous. This is so participants can comment anonymously on their own responses and have a dialogue with the survey creator while ensuring their anonymity. In anonymous feedback, participants can only comment on their own responses. The exception is if the participant also happens to be someone with visibility rights to the survey (see next point).
Note: the participant is commenting on their own response.
- Feedback participants who also have visibility access into the feedback: are able to make comments on other participants’ responses. Comments made on other participants’ responses will be non-anonymous and their profile picture and name will appear next to their comment:
Note: Alex is an admin with visibility access into this feedback request and is also a participant.
- Non-participants who have visibility access into the feedback: comments will be non-anonymous and their profile picture and name will appear next to their comment.
Note: Blake is an admin that has visibility access to this feedback request and is not a participant.