A 360-style feedback workflow, which provides a simple process for collecting, curating, and sharing peer feedback. This workflow can be started by admins on behalf of managers, or by managers directly if they want to run a 360-feedback survey for their direct reports.
Survey creators - admins or managers
Admins can launch 360 feedback surveys on behalf of managers for their direct reports. Or managers can launch 360 feedback surveys directly for their direct reports.
If an admin launches a 360 feedback survey and wants to ensures that managers can view the shared report as well, they must ensure they select 'Direct managers' as having visibility rights (i.e. direct managers of feedback recipients will be able to see shared reports) However, the survey can only be curated and shared by the person who created the survey. If admins would rather managers curate the report and share it, managers should be ones creating the 'Request feedback for others' surveys.
Creating a 360-style feedback template
In order to get the most out of your 360 feedback, we recommend creating a specific template for this process. If you have already created a 360 feedback template in 7Geese, you can get right to setting up the 360 feedback. If not, we recommend keeping the following in mind:
- Leave out any names in survey questions
- Include at least one text response question type
Setting up a 360 feedback
On the Feedback Homepage:
- Click New feedback > Request feedback for others
You will be taken to the feedback builder
- Give the 360 feedback a name
- Add a recipient (the subject of the 360 feedback, who will receive the final 360 report) For each recipient, you can choose who will be providing feedback to the recipient (responders)
- Select a response deadline. This is optional if you want a hard date to accept feedback from the responders
- Select a template. All templates from the Feedback template library will be preloaded. Pick the appropriate template from the list.
Note: Selecting a template may pre-select the response visibility and anonymity options. Some templates have these settings locked, and some templates have these settings changeable.
1. Select the response visibility settings (if not locked by the template)
All responders - responders can see all responses from the survey
Direct manager - the feedback survey creator's direct manager and the direct manager of all survey recipients can see all responses from the survey
Management tree - the feedback survey creator's management tree and the management trees of all survey recipients can see all responses from the survey
Admins - the feedback survey creator's admins with content access, and the admins of all survey recipients with content access can see all responses from the survey.
2. Select the response anonymity settings (if not locked by the template)
Identified - responders will have their identities displayed
Anonymized - responders will have their identities hidden
Identified to recipients - identities of responses included in the shared report by managers will be displayed
Anonymized to recipients - identities of responses included in the shared report by managers will be hidden
3. Click Send
Note: While setting up, the information you enter is automatically saved in case the page is accidentally closed or you accidentally go to another section of the 7Geese app.
Finding your draft 360 feedback
If you decide not to send the 360 feedback survey immediately, or have accidentally gone to another section of the 7Geese app, you can easily find your drafts on the Feedback Homepage.
Simply click on the draft you’d like to continue editing, and it will take you back to the feedback builder.
Deleting your draft 360 feedback
If you would like to delete your draft
- Click the Actions drop down in the top right of the page
- Click Delete Batch
- Click Ok in the confirmation window
Responding to a 360-style feedback
Just like responding to a general feedback survey, responders will answer 360-style surveys the same way.